What is Email Marketing and Why Email Marketing Should be Considered
Before I start my post on Email Marketing and Why it should be considered in your media plan I want you to ask yourself few question.
- How do you create a relationship with your potential customers?
- How to update the people who want to know of your new products and offers?
- How to build a database of you potential custormer or clients?
If the answer is "only through social media"…then you are wrong!
What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is a marketing technique that makes use of electronic mail to send commercial e-mails and is one of the most used strategies and performance that can be applied in the Network.
Some indicative figures of Email Marketing:-
- Only "until 2013, there were about 3.6 billion e-mail accounts
- 91% of consumers read every day your mailbox
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online resulting in the sending of a company newsletter
How well do you know the e-mail has become a central tool for all of us, and through e-mail marketing, you create a channel of communication between the person concerned at what we offer and our company, in order to establish a relationship with the person and bring it to conversion (the action that we want to accomplish).
Many believe that the presence in Social Network can somehow replace the use of e-mail to keep updated on their customers and potential customers (see. "Using the Facebook page to update my clients, which I do too newsletters ? "), but it is not so because:
- Through social networks you do not reach all the people who follow you (and even if you reach the paying, you can perhaps give them a specific and detailed communication.
- Through the Social Network you cannot make a communication customized for each individual person and what they are really interested in.
On the other hand, the Social Network environments are useful for bringing people together and then convert them into subscribers to your newsletter.
In addition, EMail Marketing tools are relatively inexpensive and Allows a type of personal communication and personalized, measurable and useful for most of the objectives that companies have.
Email marketing should be integrated to any online business strategy.
Now, since you have understood the importance, you might ask where do we start?
First of all, you already have a database of email addresses of customers or potential clients?
How have you collected? Do you have their permission to send e-mail from your company?
Also keep in mind that, statistically, database, e-mail loses value with each passing year that's why it needs to be increased constantly and if it is very old, it may have little value.
Whether you start from zero or less, enter a form for subscribing to your newsletter on your website and begins to collect both offline and online email database and send regular emails to clients and customers who are really intetested in what you offer. Choose a good E-mail Service Provider that allows you to insert and deploy the lists, create email newsletters and monitor your activities in a consistent manner.
You will not build contacts overnight, but if you plan your email marketing strategy with other tools of you digital strategy say SEO, SEM, Social Media etc and you offer value through your e-mail then the results will come.
Soon, Email Marketing will become one of the medium to target you customers.